Stuffed animals are a beloved childhood companion and bring a lot of joy to children. But sometimes, those soft toys can get pretty dirty! Whether your little one has been playing in the mud or the stuffed animal is just looking a bit scruffy, this guide will show you how to keep their playthings clean and fresh.
If your child is anything like mine, their soft toys are some of their most prized possessions. And as any parent knows, keeping those toys clean and fresh can be a bit of a challenge. But never fear! I’ve put together this ultimate guide to keeping your child’s soft toys clean and fresh – no matter how much they play with them.
So, let’s get started!
Benefits of Cleaning Soft Toys
When it comes to cleaning soft toys, there are a number of benefits that you can enjoy. Not only will your soft toys be clean and fresh, but they will also last longer. Here are some of the benefits of cleaning your soft toys:
1. Remove Allergens and Bacteria – One of the main benefits of cleaning your soft toys is that you can remove allergens and bacteria. If you have children with allergies, this can be a huge benefit.
2. Extend the Life of Your Soft Toys – Another benefit of cleaning your soft toys is that you can extend their life. This is especially important if you have expensive or sentimental soft toys.
3. Keep Your Soft Toys Looking New – Regular cleaning will also help to keep your soft toys looking new for longer. This is because dirt and grime can build up over time, making them look old and worn.
4. Improve Their Safety – One final benefit of cleaning your soft toys is that it can improve their safety. If they are not properly cleaned, they could harbor harmful bacteria or toxins which could harm your child if ingested.
Tips for Cleaning Soft Toys
When it comes to cleaning soft toys, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, always use a mild detergent and never use bleach. Second, avoid putting soft toys in the dryer as this can damage them. Third, if your soft toy is machine washable, make sure to put it on the gentle cycle. Finally, when storing your soft toy, make sure to put it in a well-ventilated area so that it can air out.
How to Machine Wash Soft Toys
If your child's favorite soft toy is looking a little worse for wear, it's probably time to give it a good wash. But how do you wash a soft toy without ruining it?
Here are some tips for machine washing soft toys:
- Always check the care label before washing. Some toys may not be suitable for machine washing.
- Put the toy in a mesh laundry bag or pillowcase to protect it from getting caught on other items in the wash.
- Use a gentle cycle and cool water. Avoid using hot water or bleach, as these can damage the fabric of the toy.
- Allow the toy to air dry completely before giving it back to your child.
How to Hand Wash Soft Toys
1. Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water and add a small amount of mild detergent.
2. Gently agitate the water to create suds, then submerge your soft toy.
3. Allow the toy to soak for several minutes, then use your hands to gently scrub it clean.
4. Rinse the toy thoroughly in clean water, then squeeze out any excess moisture and allow it to air dry completely before storing or playing with it again.
Drying and Storing Soft Toys
Once your child's soft toy has been through the wash, it's important to get it dried properly before storing it away. The easiest way to do this is to put the toy in the sun to dry, as the ultraviolet rays will help kill any remaining germs. If you can't put the toy in the sun, you can also dry it on a clothesline or in front of a fan.
Once the toy is dry, it's important to store it in a clean, dry place. A good option is to keep it in a zip-up storage bag or box with some silica gel packets, which will help absorb any moisture and keep the toy from getting musty.
Alternatives to Washing Soft Toys
If you don't have time to wash your child's soft toy, there are a few alternative methods you can use to clean them.
One method is to put the soft toy in a sealed plastic bag and place it in the freezer for 24 hours. This will kill any bacteria or dust mites that may be on the toy. Another method is to dab the toy with a mixture of water and vinegar. This will also help to kill bacteria and dust mites.
You can also try spot cleaning the toy with a damp cloth. This is especially effective if the toy is made of materials that can't be machine washed, such as felt or velvet. Just be sure to dry the toy thoroughly afterwards to prevent mold or mildew from forming.
Soft toys are an integral part of any childhood, and with proper care and cleaning they can be loved for many years to come. With the tips outlined in this guide, you now have all the information needed to keep your soft toys clean and fresh. Regularly washing them will ensure that they stay looking their best while also improving hygiene levels. All that’s left is for you to enjoy some quality time cuddling up with your beloved soft toys!
Whether you are on the go or in the comfort of your own home, the NISSI & JIREH 5-in-1 Soother is Five baby essentials in one. This innovative and versatile baby accessory combines the functions of a Teether, Pacifier Holder, Storage/Travel Case, and a Visually Stimulating Plush Soother. It comes with a Pacifier Clip!