Bringing a new baby into your home is an exciting time! Of course, you want to make sure the nursery is ready for their arrival. But what items should you have on hand? In this article, we’ll go over 10 must-haves for your baby nursery that every new parent should have. From safety items to comfort items, you’ll be sure to find something that works for your family!
As a new parent, you want to make sure your baby has everything they need to be comfortable in their new home. Here is a list of must-haves that every new parent should have in their baby's nursery:
1. A comfortable crib - Your baby will spend a lot of time sleeping, so it's important to have a comfortable crib that they can sleep in peacefully.
2. A changing table - This will come in handy for those middle-of-the-night diaper changes.
3. A glider or rocking chair - This is a great place to feed your baby or just bond with them.
4. A dresser - You'll need somewhere to store all of your baby's clothes and other belongings.
5. A nightlight - This will help you see your baby at night without having to turn on the main lights and wake them up.
Essential Items for a Baby’s Nursery
A baby’s nursery should be a safe haven, a place where your little one can sleep soundly and peacefully. To create the perfect environment for your baby, there are some essential items that every new parent should have in their nursery.
Here are the must-haves for your baby’s nursery:
Crib – This is where your baby will sleep, so make sure to choose a comfortable and safe crib that meets all safety standards. You may also want to consider getting a convertible crib that can grow with your child.
Changing Table – A changing table is an essential piece of furniture for any nursery. It provides a designated space for you to change your baby’s diapers and clothes. Make sure to choose a changing table with plenty of storage space for all of your baby’s essentials.
Rocking Chair – A rocking chair is a great addition to any nursery. It’s the perfect spot for you to feed and bond with your baby. Choose a comfortable chair that will last through all those late-night feedings.
Dresser – A dresser is another essential piece of furniture for the nursery. It provides much-needed storage space for all of your baby’s clothes and other essentials. Make sure to choose a dresser that compliments the style of your nursery décor.
As a new parent, it is important to have all of the essentials for your baby’s nursery. One of the most important items on this list is a crib. When choosing a crib, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you will want to make sure that the crib meets all safety standards. Second, you will want to choose a style that fits with the overall décor of the nursery. And finally, you will want to make sure that the crib is comfortable for your baby.
Once you have chosen the perfect crib for your nursery, there are a few must-have accessories that you will need to purchase as well. These include a mattress, bedding, and a mattress protector. You will also want to make sure that you have a few blankets on hand for your baby. And finally, you will want to purchase a few stuffed animals or other toys for your baby’s crib.
- Changing Table
A changing table is an essential piece of furniture for any new parent. Not only does it provide a convenient place to change your baby's diaper, but it also helps to keep your nursery organized.
When choosing a changing table, look for one that is sturdy and has plenty of storage space. You'll want to make sure the table has a smooth surface so that your baby can lie down comfortably, and that there are no sharp edges or corners.
It's also a good idea to choose a changing table with wheels so that you can easily move it from one room to another. And be sure to select a table that comes with a safety strap to keep your baby secure while you're changing them.
- Diaper Pail
A diaper pail is a must for every new parent. It's a great way to keep your baby's dirty diapers out of sight and out of mind. There are many different types of diaper pails on the market, so it's important to find one that fits your needs.
Some diaper pails come with an airtight seal that helps to keep odors contained. Others have a deodorizing system that helps to neutralize odors. And some even come with a hands-free opening and closing mechanism, which is very handy when you've got your hands full with a wriggling baby.
Whatever type of diaper pail you choose, make sure it's big enough to accommodate all the diapers you think you'll need in a day or two. You don't want to be constantly emptying it out, after all.
- Rocking Chair
There are few things more soothing than rocking your baby to sleep in a comfortable chair. A good rocking chair will last for years and can be passed down to future generations. Look for a rocker with a sturdy frame and cushioned seat and back. You may also want to consider an ottoman to prop up your feet while you rock.
- Play Mat
A play mat is a must-have for any new parent. Not only does it provide a safe place for your baby to play, but it also gives you a place to put your baby down when you need to take a break. There are many different types of play mats on the market, so make sure to do your research before purchasing one. Some things you may want to consider are the size, the materials used, and the features offered.
- Baby Monitor
There are a lot of things that you need to have in your baby's nursery, but a baby monitor is one of the most important. A baby monitor will let you know if your baby is crying or if they are awake and happy. It can also be used to listen to your baby's heartbeat. You can even use it to talk to your baby when you are not in the room.
- Glider and Ottoman
If you're looking for a comfortable place to feed your baby, rock them to sleep, or simply spend some quality time bonding, a glider and ottoman is a must-have for your nursery. Not only are they incredibly comfortable, but they also come in a variety of styles to match any nursery decor. And when you're not using it, the ottoman can double as a footrest or extra seating.
- Storage Solutions
As a new parent, you want to be prepared for everything. And when it comes to your baby's nursery, that means having the right storage solutions.
Here are some must-haves:
A changing table: This is a must-have for any nursery. You'll need a place to change your baby's diapers, and a changing table will make that task much easier. Look for one with plenty of storage space so you can keep all of your changing supplies close at hand.
A dresser: A dresser is another essential piece of furniture for any nursery. You'll need it for storing clothes, linens, and other essentials. Again, look for one with plenty of storage space so you can keep everything organized.
A hamper: A hamper is great for keeping dirty clothes off the floor and out of sight. Choose one that's big enough to hold all of your baby's clothes, but not so big that it takes up too much space in the nursery.
These are just a few of the storage solutions you'll need for your baby's nursery. With these pieces of furniture, you'll be well on your way to creating a functional and stylish space for your little one.
- Lighting Options
There are a few different lighting options that you can choose from when it comes to your baby’s nursery. You can go with a traditional overhead light, table lamps, floor lamps, or even wall sconces. It really depends on your personal preference and the overall design of the room.
If you opt for an overhead light, make sure that it is dimmable so you can adjust the light level as needed. You will also want to make sure that the light fixture is safe and out of reach of your little one.
Table lamps are a great option if you want to add a bit of extra light to the room without being overly bright. Floor lamps are also a nice option, but just be sure that they are tall enough so that your baby cannot reach them.
Wall sconces are another great option for nursery lighting. They provide gentle illumination while still staying out of reach of curious little ones. Just be sure to install them at the proper height so they cannot be easily knocked down.
Decorating Tips for a Baby’s Nursery
1. Keep it simple: When it comes to decorating a baby’s nursery, less is definitely more. You want to create a calm and relaxing environment for your little one, so avoid any over-the-top or loud designs. Stick to a few key pieces of furniture and neutral colors throughout the room.
2. Choose comfortable and safe furniture: All of the furniture in your baby’s nursery should be comfortable and safe for them to use. Look for items that are well-made and free of any sharp edges or toxic materials. Babies love to explore, so make sure everything in their room is sturdy enough to withstand some wear and tear.
3. Incorporate your own personal style: Just because you’re decorating for a baby doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your own personal style. Choose pieces that you love and that reflect your taste, while still keeping the overall design of the room soft and inviting for your little one.
4. Make it functional: A nursery should be both beautiful and functional. Be sure to include plenty of storage space for all of your baby’s things, as well as a changing table or other surface where you can comfortably change their diapers. Consider adding a rocking chair or other cozy spot where you can sit and bond with your child.
Additional Accessories to Consider for the Nursery
There are some additional accessories that you may want to consider for your baby's nursery. Here are a few of the most popular items:
- A Moses basket or bassinet for your baby to sleep in during the early months
- A changing table and pad to make diaper changes easier
- A glider or rocking chair for nursing or soothing your baby
- A mobile to hang above the crib for visual stimulation
- Shelves or a bookcase to store diapers, wipes, and other supplies
- A rug or floor mat for tummy time and playtime
Whether you are on the go or in the comfort of your own home, the NISSI & JIREH 5-in-1 Soother is Five baby essentials in one. This innovative and versatile baby accessory combines the functions of a Teether, Pacifier Holder, Storage/Travel Case, and a Visually Stimulating Plush Soother. It comes with a Pacifier Clip!